I started cooking once a week as one of my personal goals a while back. But, if I were to make my own dessert, I would probably make cookies. Cookies are much easier to make over cake because making cakes can result in a mess.
My 2 favorite types of cookies are chocolate chip and oatmeal scotchies. I do remember oatmeal scotchies being my Grandpa’s favorite kind of cookie to eat. If I were to make some, I would rely on my Mom’s guidance since she has gone through this process herself.
Here is a list of instructions I found online for the best chocolate chip cookies from scratch:
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons hot water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Dissolve baking soda in hot water. Add to batter along with salt. Stir in flour, chocolate chips, and nuts. Drop by large spoonfuls onto ungreased pans.
- Bake for about 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are nicely browned.