If you’re feeling trapped because you can’t leave your house or interact with people who aren’t family members, I’ve got a list of things you can do to productively pass time.
- Write in a journal
- Whether you’re a writer, or just have something you want to say, but no one to talk to, writing in a journal is a great way to express yourself.
- It can be happy things or sad, it depends on what you’re feeling at the moment. It really helps.
- If you’re a spiritual or religious person, praying in times like these might be the best remedy.
- You can also go on websites that provide daily devotionals
- Read a book
- Reading a book is a great way to divert your attention to something other than negative thoughts.
- Whether you’re reading fiction, nonfiction, chapter books, or picture books, just read something you’ll enjoy.
- Start a hobby
- Some people like collecting certain items, or doing activities as a break from life.
- Different hobbies or collections include scrapbooking, coin collecting, trading cards, sports memorabilia.
- Sing a song
- Singing a song is a great way to express your creativity.
- It’s a great way to spread joy in yourself and others.
- The key is singing something upbeat, otherwise it defeats the purpose, which is to lighten the mood of your day.
- If you don’t know the lyrics, go to youtube and find a sing-along version so that you can practice the words.
- It’s a good mind exercise.
- Watch a movie
- Watching a movie is always a great way to pass time.
- You can watch something new, or something that you’ve seen several times.
I hope this helps you handle the stress of staying home.
If you enjoy sports, please visit Jake’s blog: Jake’s Daily Sports Report